Discover 25 healthy lifestyle tips you can easily start doing today to help you live happier and healthier. And the best part is, they are all backed by science. So you know you can trust in the value of each and every one of these epic tips.
We all know the importance of a healthy lifestyle. But sometimes we need a little kickstart to make the necessary changes in terms of our
- exercise and
- mental wellbeing
Today you can discover that exact headstart, learning about
25 epic healthy lifestyle tips
and use these easy healthy habits to guide you towards a healthy lifestyle. It’s that easy!
Click here to save this healthy lifestyle tips post in your healthy living board on Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
ONE grab your free 25 Healthy Lifestyle tips cheat sheet
Why do you want to join all the other parents in this challenge? The Healthier Family Challenge
- is a free mini-course
- including loads of free printables
- tips and hacks to easily change your family lifestyle
- and will be delivered directly to your inbox
Take action today and join the challenge!
Time to discuss each of those healthy living tips
25 Healthy Lifestyle Tips
All of the tips included are well researched and backed by science. So you can confidently use them to help you on your journey to be more happy and healthy. And, as we are all busy and prefer quick and easy, you will love the simple yet actionable tips.
These tips will improve your family’s health and wellbeing without
- ruining your budget or
- wasting your time
We often believe changing our diet and therefore lifestyle is quite difficult and complicated. And, sometimes it is. Mostly because
- we are generally tired and
- busy and
- making these kinds of changes seems time-consuming and
- energy draining.
But there is good news
It does not need to be complicated and time-consuming. Remember the saying, don`t work harder, work smarter? That is exactly what these healthy lifestyle changing tips are all about. Simple actions to be healthier and happier as a family.
Understanding healthy living
Living a healthy lifestyle should never be complicated. Don`t start counting calories and weighing ingredients. It is generally a waste of time. All you need to do is
- know and understand the basics of a healthy lifestyle and
- then start implementing them.
That is exactly what the tips below will help you do. Being empowered to start making those healthy lifestyle changes immediately.
How to live a healthy life
Living a healthy life is made simple by following the 4 essential building blocks
- clean eating
- clever drinking
- happy body
- happy mind
Prioritize these 4 aspects and you will be amazed at the healthy lifestyle result. You can read everything you need to know about the 4 healthy life building blocks in the How to Live a Healthy Life made Super Simple post.
your first step
- download and print the free Healthy Lifestyle Tips cheat sheet and
- then start to incorporate it into your day to day life.
- One at a time!
You will feel the difference physically and mentally. And, be on the right track to having the healthy lifestyle you always wanted.
if you need a bit more guidance
on how to make healthy food choices and live a low-carb lifestyle be sure to
- join the Healthier Family Challenge
- check out HEALTHKICK7 – an awesome step-by-step resource to help you live healthier. be calmer and happier.
Bonus Healthy Lifestyle Hack for Busy Parents: Check out the free printable on 25 Foods to Fight Mom Fatigue Instantly
Time to look at those great tips
Top 25 Healthy Lifestyle Tips backed by Science
1. Follow a low-carb eating plan
including lots of low carb veg, good protein and good fats.
- it will protect you from chronic diseases and
- aid in controlling blood sugar,
- blood pressure
- and cholesterol levels
Need a bit of inspiration to get you started on low-carb clean eating? Check out these great low carb recipes.
2. Include lots of low carb vegetables and fruit
into your meals
- By joining the Healthier Family Challenge, you will know exactly which fruits and veg to include in your clean eating plan
3. Learn to handle cravings better
by allowing yourself a cheat day. We all crave sugar and carbs sometimes. And, that is ok!
Don`t be discouraged by it. When you crave carbs:
- simply include a good carb cheat day into your weekly planner and
- have the carb cheat meal on this day and
- keep it controlled by choosing better carbs
The cheat day will then not affect your weight or health. in fact, it will aid a positive mindset as continuous unmet cravings will merely make you depressed!
4. Try out this superfood
when you want to feel more relaxed, energized and healthy
- It will boost your metabolism and
- Aid in weight loss naturally
- Help you feel more relaxed
- Improve your memory
- Packed with natural anti-oxidants.
You will be astonished how relaxed and energized you will feel within a day or two! I use it every single day and the results are amazing. I know you will love it just as much as I do. Be daring and give it a try.
5. Track your progress to stay motivated
There are two schools of thinking here
- Some say weigh yourself every day to stay motivated
- Others say weigh yourself only once a week
- and rather use measurements and or clothes to assess your weight loss
- this helps avoid demotivation from slight daily weight differences that occur due to water retention and hormonal influences
I definitely belong to the latter group of thinking. But either way, be sure to have a way to track your success.
6. Avoid fruits with high carb and high sugar content
like grapes, cherries and figs
- Take the healthy lifestyle challenge and get to know exactly which fruits you should limit in your meals
- Always opt for low carb and low sugar fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe and berries.
Save the healthy lifestyle tips post for later
Click here to save this post in your Healthy Lifestyle board on Pinterest
7. Make it a habit to quickly check food labels
when shopping for food. Especially for the amount of sugar and carbs included. To know if a product has too much sugar
- just remember 4 grams of sugar equals 1 teaspoon of sugar …
Keep in mind, a healthy, active lifestyle should include about 50 grams of carbs per day. In other words,
- one chocolate bar that has on average 70 grams of carbs already exceeds your daily limit.
- so keep an eye on those labels.
8. Don’t fall into the trap of so-called low-carb products
without making sure it is the correct one. I couldn`t believe my eyes in the shop the other day. I wanted to buy almond milk and the carb content of the different brands ranged per 100 ml between 0.5g and 75g! Unbelievable! There is no use trying to limit carbs and then unknowingly adding a high-carb product to your meals.
9. Eat your last meal around seven to half-past seven at night
When you go to bed at ten your body will have enough time to digest the meal.
10. Drink a cup of ginger tea after dinner
it will boost your metabolism and strengthen your immune system. More reasons to use ginger
The best way to prepare this tea
- add some freshly sliced ginger, water, and a tea bag and
- simmer for 10 minutes
I recommend using rooibos tea, as it has no caffeine to interfere with your sleep
11. Replace your morning coffee and milk with cinnamon tea
Simply prepare your favorite tea and add half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon or simmer teabag in water for 10 minutes with an added cinnamon stick.
For an extra metabolism boost in the morning try my bulletproof coffee
Add a splash of almond milk before blending – Yummy!
12. Eat slowly, without any interference
- Avoid distractions from the TV and your phone and focus on your meal.
13. Try to exercise at least 3 times a week
- going for a 30-minute walk, or
- playing football with the kids
- cycling or swimming
Aim to take 5 – 10K steps daily
- invest in a cool pedometer to help you track your steps
My favorites are
Leave a comment
and let me know your favorite fitness or activity tracker
14. Complete a body cleanse prior to making big diet and lifestyle changes
- That way you will be energized and healthier to help your family do the same. You can find all the information to do a safe body cleanse in just 7 days here. And even take it one step further by using the great resources in the HEALTHKICK7 program.
15. Follow the recommendation of doing a body cleanse or detox 2 to 4 times a year
Easy way to get this right:
- is with the great body cleanse worksheets included in HEALTHKICK7
16. Get enough sleep
Sleep more and sleep better
You can check out everything you need to know about the
- impact of insufficient sleep
- a healthy bedtime routine
- how much sleep your kids should get
- and tips for dealing with sleep challenges
in The Near-Exhaustive Sleep Guide for Parents. It’s a brilliant resource and you will love it!
17. Drink more water to increase your weight loss
Minimum daily water intake is 8 glasses of water.
Try to drink one glass of water half an hour before every meal to help you
18. Aim to eat 3 meals per day
You can add another one, when you are always hungry in the afternoon or try adding a low carb snack in the afternoon between meals. Avoid skipping meals, unless you are doing an intermittent fast.
19. Beware of high sugar content in fruit juices and soft drinks
It is best to avoid these altogether and a better choice is to make your own fresh juices or smoothies because then you know exactly what it contains.
20. Have a high protein breakfast
- This will help control cravings throughout the day.
- Some of my favorite low carb, high protein breakfast recipes are included for free in the HEALTHKICK7 system. Check it out.
21. Eat whole food, not processed food
Resist the urge to buy ready-made sauces and canned food
When you eat whole food and prepare all meals from scratch
- you know exactly what it contains and there is
- no preservatives and hidden carbs or sugar
Learn more great tips on low carb eating when you take this free mini-course.
22. Replace one meal a day with a detoxifying smoothie
When weight loss is your main goal or you just want to save some time preparing meals, drinking smoothies is a great way to cleanse your body and kickstart your metabolism.
Always opt for a fresh homemade detoxifying smoothie including
Good options are:
- greens and
- natural superfoods like
- green tea powder and
- chia seeds
Rather avoid supplements and unnatural additives. Boost your digestive system with a healthy unprocessed mix of
- low carb veg
- fresh fruit
- good protein and good fats
For an additional anti-oxidant boost I always add matcha tea powder to my smoothies.
23. Include superfoods to at least one meal a day
Use this simple tip to
- stimulate your metabolism
- supercharge your immune system and
- boost your memory power
Need a bit of superfoods inspiration
- Read the power superfoods post
- When you are pregnant or trying to conceive
Remember the best superfood in tip nr 4 …
24. Make time for yourself
You are on the downhill path to self-destruction when you are stressed and not eating healthy foods and of course, not sleeping well. Take action today and make time to relax and exercise.
Remember, When you are stressed, tired and miserable, so is your family…
With that in mind take action today and here are some my favorite free resources to start taking better care of yourself
- Epic 5-minute Self Care Tips for Working and Stay-at-Home Moms
- 25 Foods to Fight Mom Fatigue Instantly
- Best Self Care Ideas for Busy Moms + Powerful Morning Affirmations
25. Believe in yourself
Changing your lifestyle does not need to be hard. You simply need to
Final thoughts on Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Remember to grab your free copy of the top 25 healthy lifestyle tips
- in a convenient pdf format
- or infographic above
and start implementing them one by one.
Leave a comment below
and share your biggest healthy lifestyle challenge
- Is it lacking the motivation to get started?
- Needing a guide for meal plans?
- Or simply the mindset that it is too difficult and time-consuming?
More Healthy Lifestyle information
If you enjoy scientific facts supporting the benefits of a low carb diet, check out this review article including 23 rated publications on the topic.
Need some inspiration for low carb dinner tonight? Check out these resources
More Top Healthy Living Posts
- 11 ridiculously easy tips on how to be healthy as a busy mom
- The Unsurpassed Superfood Power Series
- Healthy Lifestyle – 7 Day Detox Plan
- How to live a healthy life made super simple
- Pregnancy superfoods, your pregnancy nutrition simplified
- grab your free Healthy Lifestyle Cheat Sheet and
- sign up for more free Healthy Living tips and hacks
Please Share and Comment
Save this post in your Healthy Lifestyle board on Pinterest
Follow the latest Healthy Living trends