Discovering the Power of Superfoods
What is the best brain food for kids? And, What is the best brain food for studying? And how can I boost my child’s performance?
As parents we want only what’s best for our kids. And helping them perform better in school and activities is super easy when we know how. That is exactly what you will discover today, how you can enhance your kids’ learning skills, memory and focus by adding superfoods that are good for brain development.
- the superfoods series for brain health
- what are superfoods
- why you should eat superfoods
- the benefits of superfoods
- the best brain food for kids and
- the best brain foods for studying, memory and focus
Save this post for later in you superfoods board on Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
The unsurpassed power of superfoods
Getting to know and understand superfoods and especially the brainfoods our kids need should not be difficult. After we discovered the best ones, it will quickly become a habit to reach for good choices and add it to our family meals.
As a parent and physician, I want to help my kids learn and boost their brain power and performance at school. I see the difference it makes in supporting their physical and mental demands. And because so many other moms have reached out to get advice on the best superfoods, I created an easy reference, the superfoods printables and added a free copy for you.
How to best use the superfoods series printables
The superfoods series is divided into sets. Each one designed to suggest the best natural superfoods during different times of high demand.
This post is dedicated to memory boosting superfoods.
And, I strongly recommend you add at least two of each superfood group to your kids’ daily diet.
Add the superfoods as part of a healthy meal plan to boost brain performance. An easy way to make sure your kids consume the brain foods they need, is by adding it to lunch boxes or snack packs where they have limited choices and are more likely to finish the content.
Click here to grab your own copy of the Superfoods Printable
Getting to know, and including the brain food in your child’s diet is super easy when you have the printable at hand. It contains
- 10 memory boosting superfoods and
- top tips for optimal brain development and
- foods to avoid for brain health
And, you can grab a free copy to download and print.
This is one of my favorite superfoods resource I use all the time. Check it out. Time to go into more detail:
What are superfoods
Research has proven that superfoods, like the ones listed below, are food groups containing extra amounts of nutrients. These nutrients are essential for DNA repair and growth. And, they can therefore, protect you from certain diseases or support times of high demand.
More so than non-superfoods. In case you were wondering whether natural vitamin supplements
- like allergen-free SmartyPants Multivitamin range with omega-3 fish oil have a place in providing essential nutrients?
The answer is yes, it certainly does. As long as it is of a high quality and optimal ingredient compilation like the one above.
However, nothing beats the super health benefits of
- natural and
- unchanged vitamins and minerals
- found in fresh foods
Why fresh foods are more super
The nutrients in natural superfoods are more easily absorbed than those found in supplements. A good idea during exam time is to plan meals
- to include at least two of these superfoods daily to help your child prepare and excel and improve their memory and focus
The bottom line is though
There is no logic in consuming huge amounts of superfoods. Why? It is simple. Our bodies are designed to only absorb essential nutrients as needed. The body will simply get rid of the rest.
The key to a balanced diet
Is to include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and limited amounts of animal proteins. If you want to find out more about healthy living, check out these resources:
- 25 Healthy Lifestyle Tips – Brilliant and Backed by Science
- How to Live a Healthy Life Made Easy with 4 Action Steps
- Healthy Family Tips; That 1 Thing Every Family Should Do
Why should you eat superfoods
It’s so easy to boost our children’s performance with superfoods. It’s unthinkable to not make use of this simple yet powerful hack. And why exactly do we want to do that?
The benefits of including brain food for kids
- to stimulate cognitive function and
- enhance memory and focus
This is a great collection of references supporting the benefits of superfoods if you want to read futher. The bottom line when you are wondering how superfoods actually support brain health
Certain foods are classified as superfoods because they contain
- certain nutrients
- supporting brain development and memory
- protecting the brain from damage
These are the constituents and benefits of brain foods
Time to discover those awesome superfoods
The best brain food for kids
Let’s have a look at the list of brain food for kids including the best brain foods for studying, memory and concentration. You will also find a useful healthy snack and meal idea with each superfood listed.
Cinnamon is a great superfood as it’s not expensive at all and is easy to find in local stores.
The benefits of cinnamon include
- boosting cognitive function and
- stimulating memory
Do your kids want a snack when taking a break from learning? Yes, mine does too! Therefore, I have a little trick up my sleeve
I keep a jar at hand, airtight glass is the best to prevent it from going soft, filled with
It’s perfect for snack time. And, not only healthy but also boosting their brain function without them even knowing! Clever right? Give it a try!
Another one of my favorite ways to add some cinnamon to our diet
Boost your kids’ immune systems further by replacing the oil in your pancake recipe with coconut oil.
The combination of coconut oil and cinnamon ensures a double boost for memory power, as well as keeping them healthy.
Breakfast is also transformed into a super fun meal
Read more below about the value of adding vanilla to family meals …
A great exam-time snack to keep the kids mentally alert is walnuts. It’s super easy for the kids to grab a handful and there’s no mess.
Roast and lightly salt the walnuts and have kids eat it in between studying sessions.
If your kids don’t enjoy the taste of natural walnuts
- add a bit of pizzazz by making a quick caramel sauce
- easily done in a small saucepan with a spout on low heat
- and add a dash of cinnamon
- then drizzle over the nuts
Remember to replace half the amount of butter with coconut oil of course …
3. Tuna and Salmon
Memory retention is crucial during exam time. And, there is no better way to enhance it than by adding fresh salmon and tuna. Fish like tuna and salmon are filled with omega-3-fatty acids, an important antioxidant for brain health.
If your kids love sushi as much as mine
- this is the time to spoil them and even
- let them have fun making it themselves!
Great dinner options
Seared fresh salmon fillets are one of my favorite meals. Mostly because it takes only 5 minutes to prepare!
Here’s how to do it
- heat a non-stick copper frying pan
- add a teaspoon each of butter and olive oil
- salt the salmon lightly and
- flash fry both sides for about 2 minutes
My kids also enjoy these yummy tuna and potato cakes
- served with a quick tomato, avocado and celery salad.
Broccoli is one of the best superfoods to enhance memory as it is filled with
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K and
These are all Super nutrients for mega memory and concentration
Even if your kids don’t enjoy their greens
- this is a time where you should be innovative and
- make sure they eat their veggies
Disguise the greens in one of their favorite meals:
Another of my kids’ favorites
I prepare them by adding shredded broccoli and using wholewheat flour.
Most kids love avocado and serving lots of it helps them
- concentrate and
- memorize better
You can use avocado in so many different ways, my favorites include
- as part of a delicious salad
- on sandwiches or
- as guacamole or dip
Add some extra fun
6. Saffron Spice
This might come as a bit of a surprise since saffron is not all that widely used. But it certainly should be, as it has brilliant superfood power.
The benefits of saffron
- promotes learning and also
- ensures visual health for both kids and adults
The best way to ingest this valuable spice is by adding small amounts to meals kids enjoy, like
You will be amazed at the brilliant flavor saffron adds to your recipes. My kitchen is rarely without this awesome super food.
Be sure to store this valuable spice
- in an airtight spice container to keep all the goodness locked inside
6. Vanilla Milk
No this is one of one favorites! Kids need mental alertness just as much as quality sleep, and there is no easier way to make sure they get enough sleep than by offering a glass of milk about 90 minutes before bedtime.
Why you want to serve milk at bedtime
Milk contains high amounts of tryptophan essential for sound sleep.
Flavor milk and supercharge it with a mental boosting ingredient
- pour milk in a non-stick milk pan
- slice a vanilla pod lengthwise carefully with a sharp paring knife to remove the seeds
- add the seeds and the pod to the milk and
- warm on low heat in a for about 5 minutes
When milk is not your child’s favorite drink, make drinking it a bit more fun by
- adding a small amount of sugar or honey
- serving it in a magical rainbow color changing unicorn mug!
The benefit of milk before bedtime
They will sleep soundly and awake brightly! More great milk serving suggestions
There you have it, some of the best superfoods to boost kids’ brain power. Remember to grab your copy of the superfoods printable and discover even more choices.
Your next steps
- grab and print the brain food for kids infographic
- power pin it to your fridge
- add these superfoods daily to your kids’ meals and sharpen their memory and concentration
Please leave a comment
and let me know your secret to boost your kids’ brain health
* Always remember to discuss adding new food groups to your child’s diet with your treating physician when they suffer from an allergy or intolerance.
If you enjoy a bit more in-depth reading:
- discover the science behind Boosting your Memory by Eating right
- an interesting Harvard article
Want to know what to feed your teenager to promote healthy skin?
Also grab a copy of
This great infographic will help your teenager
- have healthier skin
- know what to eat and do when acne breaks out
- have access to top tips on how to keep skin healthy
- have access to a quick list of actions to avoid during an acne breakout
My favorite superfoods resource
This book provides great inspiration for serving healthy foods. You will find a lot of ideas to serve your family with super healthy meals they will adore.
Free resources for when you are pregnant or planning to have a baby
Then don’t miss out on these awesome posts and freebies
- Pregnancy Guide – Your Free Healthy Pregnancy Care Package
- Pregnancy Superfoods – Your Pregnancy Nutrition Simplified
- 11+ of the Best Pregnancy Resources you must know about
More Kids Learning Posts
- Top Learning Styles for Kids.
- 2 Amazing Learning Style Activities to Do with Your Kids Right Now
- Unbelievably Smart Kids. This the How to Secret.
Top Parenting Posts
- Parent-Child Communication – 6 Amazing Hacks to Try Right Now
- Parenting Challenges. The top daily parent concerns and how to deal with it.
- A Daughter must learn from her Father these top 10 Values.
Top Healthy Lifestyle Posts
- Body Cleanse – How to Detox in just 7 Days – Safe and Simple
- Healthy Lifestyle Kit
- How to Live a Healthy Life Made Super Simple
Save and share
Save the pin for later in your kids learning, or superfoods board on Pinterest.
src=”https://healthyfamilyandme.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Mega-Memory-pin6-341×1024.png” alt=”Unsurpassed Superfood Power Series Mega Memory Boost. Targeted ways to boost your child’s performance during exam times. Free Printables” width=”341″ height=”1024″ />