Discovering the Power of Superfoods
What is the best brain food for kids?
What is the best brain food for studying?
These are the kind of questions we need to consider as parents, in order to enhance our kids learning skills, memory and focus.
So if you were wondering what foods are good for child brain development:
you are in the right place today.
In this post we will discuss:
- the superfoods series for brain health
- what are superfoods
- why you should eat superfoods
- the benefits of superfoods
- the best brain food for kids including
- the best brain foods for studying
And this practical information will help you boost your child’s memory and brain development.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
Do you also want to improve your child’s overall learning capacity, skills and memory?
Grab your Free Kids Learning Guide
The Unsurpassed Superfood Power Series
A practical superfoods series for brain health and easy to implement in your day-to-day family life.
As a parent and physician, I want to help my kids learn and boost their brain power and performance at school. To have an easy reference, I created the superfoods series.
We use these memory-boosting superfoods daily to support their physical and mental demands. And, knowing the difference it makes to my kids performance, I had to also share it with you.
How to use the superfoods series
The superfoods series is divided into sets. Each one designed to suggest the best natural superfoods during different times of high demand.
This post is dedicated to memory boosting superfoods.
And, I strongly recommend:
you add at least two of each superfood group to your kids’ daily diet.
Add the superfoods for brain health as part of a healthy meal plan to boost brain performance.
Your own copy of the Superfoods Infographic
Getting to know, and include the brain food in your child’s diet is super easy with the printable infographic:
- 10 memory boosting superfoods
- top tips for optimal brain development
- foods to avoid for brain health
And, you can grab a free copy to download and print.
You can also check out and download all the other free
What are superfoods
Research has proven that superfoods, like the ones listed below, contains extra amounts of nutrients.
These nutrients are essential for DNA repair and growth.
They can, therefore, protect you from certain diseases or support times of high demand. More so than non-superfoods.
In case you were wondering:
whether natural vitamin supplements
- like allergen-free SmartyPants Multivitamin range with omega-3 fish oil
have a place in providing essential nutrients?
The answer is yes, it certainly does.
However, nothing beats the super health benefits of
- natural and
- unchanged vitamins and minerals
- found in fresh foods
Why fresh foods are more super
The nutrients in natural superfoods are
- more easily absorbed than those found in supplements.
A good idea during exam time is to plan meals
- to include at least two of these superfoods daily
- to help your child prepare and excel
- improving memory and focus with brain foods
The bottom line is though:
There is no logic in consuming huge amounts of superfoods.
It is simple. Our bodies are designed to only absorb essential nutrients as needed.
The key to a balanced diet:
- include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and
- limited amounts of animal proteins
Why should you eat superfoods
During exam time, it is very important to boost your child’s performance with superfoods.
The benefits of including brain food for kids:
- to stimulate cognitive function and
- enhance memory
This is a great collection of references supporting the benefits of superfoods.
Wondering how superfoods actually support brain health?
Certain foods are classified as superfoods because they contain:
- certain nutrients
- supporting brain development and memory
- protecting the brain from damage
These are the constituents and benefits of brain foods for kids.
Ready to supercharge your Healthy Lifestyle
The best brain food for kids
Time to have a look at the list of brain food for kids including the best brain foods for studying, memory and concentration.
You will also find a useful healthy snack and meal idea with each superfood listed.
Cinnamon is a great superfood:
- it is not expensive and
- easy to find in local stores
The benefits of cinnamon include:
- boosting cognitive function and
- stimulating memory
Do your kids also want a snack when taking a break from learning?
Yes, mine does too!
Therefore, I have a little trick up my sleeve:
A jar, I recommend an airtight glass jar, to prevent it from going soft, filled with
Perfect for snack time. And, not only healthy but also
- boosting their brain function.
Clever right? Give it a try!
Another one of my favorite ways to add some cinnamon to our diet
Boost their immune systems further by replacing the oil in the recipe with coconut oil.
Why choose coconut oil?
The combination of coconut oil and cinnamon ensures a double boost for boosting memory power, as well as keeping them healthy.
Breakfast is also transformed into a super fun meal
Read more below about the value of adding vanilla to family meals …
A great exam-time snack to keep the kids mentally alert is walnuts.
Roast and lightly salt them and have kids eat it in between studying sessions.
If your kids don’t enjoy the taste of natural walnuts:
- add a bit of pizzazz by making a quick caramel sauce
- easily done in a small saucepan with a spout on low heat
- and add a dash of cinnamon
- then drizzle over the nuts
Remember to replace half the amount of butter with coconut oil of course …
Please Inform me as soon as the My Child is Ill, Super Tips, Hacks and Action Steps for Parents course is launched and Secure My Spot!
Memory retention is crucial during exam time. And, there is no better way to enhance it than by adding fresh salmon and tuna.
Fish like tuna and salmon are filled with omega-3-fatty acids:
an important antioxidant for brain health.
If your kids love sushi as much as mine:
- this is the time to spoil them and even
- let them have fun making it themselves!
Great dinner options
Seared fresh salmon fillets are one of my favorite meals.
- it takes only 5 minutes to prepare!
Here’s how to do it:
- heat a non-stick copper frying pan
- add a teaspoon each of butter and olive oil
- then salt the salmon lightly and
- flash fry both sides for 2 minutes.
Yes, I love easy!
My kids also enjoy these yummy tuna and potato cakes
- served with a quick tomato, avocado and celery salad.
Broccoli is one of the best superfoods to enhance memory as it is filled with:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K and
Super nutrients for mega memory and concentration
Even if your kids don’t enjoy their greens:
- this is a time where you should be innovative and
- make sure they eat their veggies
Disguise the greens in one of their favorite meals:
Another of my kids’ favorites
I prepare them by adding shredded broccoli and using wholewheat flour.
Most kids love avocado and serving lots of it will help them
- concentrate and
- memorize better.
- As part of a delicious salad
- on sandwiches or
- as guacamole or dip
Add some extra fun
This might come as a bit of a surprise since saffron is not widely used.
But it certainly should be as it has brilliant superfood power.
The benefits of saffron:
- promotes learning and also
- ensures visual health for both kids and adults
The best way to ingest this valuable spice is by adding small amounts to meals kids enjoy, like:
You will be amazed at the brilliant flavor saffron adds to your recipes.
My kitchen is rarely without this awesome super food.
Be sure to store this valuable spice
- in an airtight spice container
- to keep all the goodness locked inside
Kids need mental alertness just as much as quality sleep.
Make sure they get enough hours of sleep and enhance the quality:
by offering a glass of milk about 90 minutes before bedtime.
Why you want to serve milk at bedtime:
Milk contains high amounts of tryptophan essential for sound sleep.
Flavor milk and supercharge it with a mental boosting ingredient:
- pour milk in a non-stick milk pan
- slice a vanilla pod lengthwise carefully with a sharp paring knife to remove the seeds
- add the seeds and the pod to the milk and
- warm on low heat in a for about 5 minutes
- adding a small amount of sugar or honey
- serving it in a magical rainbow color changing unicorn mug!
The benefit of milk before bedtime:
They will sleep soundly and awake brightly!
More great milk serving suggestions:
Your next steps
- grab and print the brain food for kids infographic
- to find three more superfoods for mega memory
- power pin it to your fridge.
- add these superfoods daily to your kids’ meals and
- sharpen their memory and concentration
Leave a comment
and let me know your secret to boost your kids’ brain health.
* Always remember to discuss adding new food groups to your child’s diet with your treating physician when they suffer from an allergy or intolerance.
If you enjoy a bit more in-depth reading:
- discover the science behind Boosting your Memory by Eating right
- an interesting Harvard article
Enjoyed the Brain food for Kids infographic?
Then you must also grab a copy of
This great infographic will help your teenager:
- have healthy skin
- know what to eat and do when acne breaks out
- have access to top tips on how to keep skin healthy
- have access to a quick list of actions to avoid during an acne breakout
Subscribe to the Kids Learning Community
to receive more free printables and worksheet to help educate your child successfully
My favorite superfoods resource
This book provides great inspiration for serving healthy foods. You will find a lot of ideas to serve your family with super healthy meals they will adore.
Then don’t miss out on these awesome posts and freebies
- Pregnancy Guide – Your Free Healthy Pregnancy Care Package
- Pregnancy Superfoods – Your Pregnancy Nutrition Simplified
- 11+ of the Best Pregnancy Resources you must know about
More Kids Learning Posts
- Top Learning Styles for Kids.
- 2 Amazing Learning Style Activities to Do with Your Kids Right Now
- Unbelievably Smart Kids. This the How to Secret.
Top Parenting Posts
- Parent-Child Communication – 6 Amazing Hacks to Try Right Now
- Parenting Challenges. The top daily parent concerns and how to deal with it.
- A Daughter must learn from her Father these top 10 Values.
Top Healthy Lifestyle Posts
- Body Cleanse – How to Detox in just 7 Days – Safe and Simple
- Healthy Lifestyle Kit
- How to Live a Healthy Life Made Super Simple
Please comment and share!
Save the pin for later in your kids learning, or superfoods board on Pinterest.
src=”https://healthyfamilyandme.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Mega-Memory-pin6-341×1024.png” alt=”Unsurpassed Superfood Power Series Mega Memory Boost. Targeted ways to boost your child’s performance during exam times. Free Printables” width=”341″ height=”1024″ />