A Unicorn Birthday Party for My Little Girl
For her sixth birthday my daughter wanted a unicorn birthday party:
Not surprising as most little girls adore unicorns and rainbows
And of course:
this is a party idea every mom loves to pursue …
Cause, who doesn’t believe in unicorn magic, right?
We had so much fun creating the:
- unicorn games
- games and
- treats for the unicorn party
And I hope you will enjoy reading all about it!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
Unicorn Birthday Party Invitations
we started the party arrangements by printing party invitations
I decided to keep it simple.
And, created a powerpoint slide with
- unicorn and
Then, simply added all the what and when details.
We printed the invitations out and stuck the printed image on a beautiful cardstock.
Inside an envelope it went and ready for hand out.
It doesn’t get any simpler than that!
No time for DIY
Or simply preferring to grab some ready-made, pretty printed ones
I can highly recommend:
Make the venue look pretty
- your budget and
- your level of commitment (;
Want to know the bare minimum decoration you should invest either time or money in:
Banners and Balloons
Recommended Unicorn Banner options:
Best unicorn balloons:
- pretty unicorn balloons
- unicorn shaped balloons
- colored balloons – perfect for the little bit older unicorn lover!
Prefer all in one banner and balloon sets?
Then choose a great one here:
- unicorn and rainbow banner and balloons set
- unicorn birthday part set – This set is awesome! Check it out now!
- pink and purple unicorn set
We decorated a dreamy table with soft pink, blues and greens.
Finishing it off with:
a unicorn re-usable tablecloth
My daughter chose:
These pretty plate and napkin set came a close second …
My favorites were:
- beautiful plates and napkins
- starred unicorn supplies – so pretty!
- napkins and plates in gold – so snazzy!
Unicorn Birthday Party Outfit
No party is complete without dressing up!
First, we ticked off the guest costume box
Wondering how we did this easily and beautifully:
By making super cool rainbow unicorn horns for every guest!
We created the unicorn horns using
- rolled felt fabric
- covered in rainbow ribbon and
- attaching an elastic
Super easy and lots of fun!
We made a horn for each friend and they sure loved wearing them.
I added a bit more colored ribbon to the horn for our guest of honor!
She loved it!
No time for DIY
My daughter also loved:
- unicorn paper masks
- they are beautiful, affordable and lots of fun
Then, it was time to dress the guest of honor
My little unicorn princess had the colored horn ready and next:
was a colorful rainbow tutu and t-shirt to match
I sew the tutu and she used a t-shirt she had
Need an affordable ready-made unicorn outfit for your princess?
Here are some beautiful tutus and t-shirts to choose from:
- unicorn party top
- pink and gold unicorn t-shirt
- purple unicorn t-shirt – so beautiful!
- pretty unicorn t-shirt
All in one rainbow tutu and unicorn headband:
be sure to check this out as an easy all in one option for your little one
and an outfit complete with birthday girl sash:
for a true princess look and feel:
The final outfit touch
No princess outfit is complete without a crown!
So we added some sparkly beads to a
- felt crown and
- made sure she can wear it together with the unicorn horn
A beautiful unicorn princess with a rainbow tutu, t-shirt, unicorn horn, and a sparkling crown
Want to make your little girl’s day and add the crown:
Unicorn Birthday Party Cake
Baking the cake is always one of my favorite parts of arranging a party.
I love working with fondant icing and creating this coach with a princess and a unicorn was lots of fun.
I baked my standard chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and decorated it with fondant.
My daughter helped to make all the little fondant flowers.
Want to know the best part:
we shared some awesome mother-daughter time creating this cake
No time for decorating your cake
Invest in cake decorations like these to make your cake awesome:
- unicorn cake toppers
- cupcake toppers
- a re-usable unicorn cake topper
- a rhinestone unicorn cake topper – Yes, rhinestone! Check it out
Unicorn Birthday Party Treats
We made little unicorn faces from marshmallows and it was a super treat.
You can find a step by step tutorial on how to make similar unicorn treats:
It was so easy to create:
- I simply added a white marshmallow to a straw and
- used a food pen to create eyes
- the horn, ears, and stars were made from fondant icing and
- stuck onto the marshmallow using a little sugar paste
So easy and yet so cute!
This is one of my favorite suppliers of soft, fresh fondant icing.
We baked some chocolate cupcakes with girly pink frosting, and, topped them with fondant flowers and hearts for sparkle magic.
Place them in a pretty cupcake wrapper and they are ready to be devoured.
Want to make cupcake baking a little bit easier?
Check out this cupcake kit – Brilliant!
Some more unicorn cupcake wrappers:
- the cutest wrappers you have ever seen!
- wrappers and toppers
- double-sided toppers and wrappers
- magical wrappers
- cupcake toppers, wrappers, and stand
A secret tip to transform a standard cupcake into an awesome cupcake …
Simply add some
- Nutella or
- mascarpone cheese inside the cupcake after baking
A delicious surprise!
This trick is easily done with:
One of my secret cake decorating weapons!
Unicorn Birthday Party Pinata
I made the first pinata 2 years ago:
and since then it is the first thing my kids ask for when we plan their birthdays
It became one of their favorite birthday traditions!
Why do you want to have a pinata?
- it not only adds to your party decorations but
- also creates another activity and
- give the kids toys to play with at the party and
- take home as party favors We always fill the pinata:
- not only with sweets but also
- with a lot of small toys
as I am not a fan of having too many sweets around …
Top Pinata making tip
Make sure the toys you add won’t break when falling on the ground.
No time to make your own pinata?
luckily they are readily available online!
Unicorn Birthday Party Activities
Doing a fun activity is always a big part of our parties.
Giving the kids a chance to:
- create something and
- take it home to remind them of the awesome party they had
Our unicorn birthday party activities:
- we decided to paint unicorn tote bags and
- make dream catchers
Painting tote bags
The materials we used:
Tote bag tip
You can easily
- buy or sew plain tote bags and
- trace unicorn pictures on them to create the same effect
Or, buy ready-made tote bags with a unicorn design:
- awesome unicorn drawstring tote bags
Making a unicorn dream catcher
The materials and methods we used:
- cut the hoof shape from a white or colored paper plate
- add a string at the top and
- punch holes at the bottom
- decorate the dream catcher with
Now just put it all together whilst having loads of fun!
Unicorn Birthday Party Favors and Thank You Cards
Cool Unicorn party favor ideas
The best part of any party is always:
- leaving the kids with a little surprise to take home and
- remember the magic
Each little princess received a:
- drawstring bag
- to carry all their good home
- unicorn plush toy
- to remember the magic shared
- unicorn crayon
- to write down magical memories
They sure loved it!
Depending on your budget:
you can make the party favors as big or small as you want
For an all-in-one unicorn gift set at an affordable price
consider options like:
It is awesome because it includes everything little unicorn lovers adore
Here is a couple of affordable unicorn plush toy options:
- unicorn plush toy
- Aurora Sparkle unicorn
- Nella the princess unicorn plush
- Aurora Rainbow unicorn
- Sparkle unicorn plush
- Lilyrose unicorn plush
Beautiful Unicorn thank you cards
I created a little thank you card:
and you are welcome to
- download it below and
- use the template!
They work well when printed and stuck onto cardboard
Grab your free download here:
Unicorn Birthday Party Games
We played a lot of unicorn party games including:
And, who doesn`t love the old – pin a tail – game?
And the best part:
the old time favorite becomes pin a rainbow horn
So much more magical!
Pin the unicorn horn game
- cut rainbow unicorn horn shapes from colored paper
- drew a unicorn on a large poster board
- and gave it some color
We stuck it on the wall and the kids were blindfolded trying to pin the horn in the perfect position.
Loads of fun!
Not up for game DIY
Just grab a ready-made one:
Gifts for a little Unicorn Lover
And here is the best part:
you can check out some of the most beautiful unicorn gifts I found
- fingerlings baby unicorn – super adorable!
- unicorn music box
- cute unicorn slippers – her brother gifted her these!
- a practical unicorn backpack
- furreal starlily unicorn
- show me a girl that does not love the Ty plush toys … fantasia unicorn backpack and purse
- an awesome unicorn nightlight – awesome!
- unicorn necklace and watch
- unicorn charm bracelet
The Result: A Happy Daughter
We created an awesome unicorn birthday party.
And, made everything ourselves
Arranging and preparing all the different items do take time:
But, it also makes it so much more special and memorable
My best Birthday Party Tip
Ask a friend to take as many pictures as possible.
You will be too busy running around and organizing things.
And, your daughter will be too busy having fun to take everything in
There are few things as precious as sharing the awesome moments afterward by looking at the stunning photos together.
You will both get to relive the magic again and again!
Leave a comment
- and let me know your favorite unicorn idea
And, remember to pin and save the post for later!
- Mini Chocolate Cake with Red Berries, Pistachios and a Chocolate Drizzle
- Popcorn Recipe. From Movie night treat to Summer Snack
Free Coloring Pages
Top Parenting Posts
- A Daughter must learn from her Father these top 10 Values.
- Power Parent Strategy – Discover the how-to Secret today!
- Top Learning Styles for Kids. Discover the steps to successfully educate your child every day.
Please Share and Comment!