The Secret to Raising Smart Kids
Have you also asked these smart kids questions before:
How do I raise an intelligent child?
And, What is the secret to raising smart kids?
Well, I am pretty sure you have
Just like most parents often do …
And if you want the best answers to those common questions, you are in the right place today!
Remember to save this post in your parenting board on Pinterest
- 2 Amazing learning style activities to do with your kids right now
- Raise a brilliant child an teach him how to be smart
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
The story behind this post
It was triggered by my recollection of a similar question posed by a patient consulting at my family practice.
What is the secret? How do I raise my child to be brilliant?
During that consultation, my initial scientific reasoning was:
a reliable genetic make-up!
Certainly, the easiest way to ensure you have a clever child!
In other words, marry the most intelligent spouse you can find!
But, unfortunately, this logical answer would not help my patient much at that point since she was already married and pregnant …
The opportunity for genetic selection had passed.
So let’s forget about the influence genes have on your child’s intellect and discover more practical ways to raise a brilliant child.
And, even though my kids were very lucky to be gifted with an insanely smart father, there are many things we can do every day to
help our kids be even more brilliant.
So what are we saying then?
Seeing that our kids’ intelligence does not rely on:
- our own brain power only
- in other words, the learning and memory genes they inherit from us
there must exist alternatives to help our kids be brilliant
These other ways include:
- stimulating their brain development
- and empowering them with skills to succeed in life
Your next question is of course, how do I do that:
And, that is exactly what we will discover in this post.
Read on to find out!
Perspectives of a mommy doctor
One I naturally have because I am a mom and a physician.
And although I don’t expect you to share this perspective, I do want you to share in the benefit thereof.
Let’s start by defining the different perspectives
As a parent:
we prioritize the general welfare of our kids
As a physician:
we prioritize the mental and physical wellbeing of our patients
Combine these two and the result is:
a collective perspective to change general parenting tips into expert, actionable advice
A mouthful, I know …
But actually very easy to understand and implement
Today I want to challenge you to think differently.
Think beyond the obvious:
And, discover the secrets to raising smart kids!
So let’s start using this transformed thinking process now to
- convert general day to day parenting tips into actionable advice and
- raise smart kids
Join the best Awesome Parent Challenge now!
Parenting Skills are Simplified with this free 7-day email course.
It is so good:
You wouldn’t want to miss out!
Time to think big
To get you going in this different perspective:
I share 5 great examples of this transformed thinking process.
You will immediately:
- realize the power of using these power parenting strategies for raising smart kids
- and then, all you have to do is start to implement them on a daily basis.
Plan Meals with Healthy Food
Boost Meals with Superfoods
I bet you are thinking:
We all know the importance of planning meals for our families including healthy foods …
Of course, but let’s think one step further:
How can I transform this health tip into actionable advice that will truly make a difference to my child’s wellbeing?
It is as simple as asking:
How can I boost my child with superfoods?
That is the kind of easy and actionable advice that every parent needs to raise smart kids.
Let’s talk a bit about superfoods
It is essential to know the value of adding superfoods to family meals.
The right superfoods at times of high demand will
- boost your child’s development potential
- support your family’s daily physical and mental needs
Need a bit of inspiration:
- Read the unsurpassed superfoods power series
- and make adding superfoods to daily meals super easy with the free infographics
- you will find a list of the best superfoods to include at certain times
- and great recipe suggestions and tips on things to include and avoid
- Invest in the superfoods for kids book
- I often refer back to this source for a wealth of superfoods information
Want to know the best part?
These are the kind of simple yet powerful actions that will
- set you apart from the average parent and
- help you raise unbelievably smart kids
Let your Kids be Happy
Actionable Advice: Understand the Neuroscience of Happiness
We all want happy families, right?
Well, it is much easier to spread happiness when you understand the science behind it.
In other words:
- we should not only try to help our kids be happy
- but also understand the neuroscience behind happiness
That knowledge will help us:
raise happy and successful young people
Need a bit more motivation:
Happiness is a trait that is surely not overrated.
Research has proven:
people who are happy are often more successful in life than those being unhappy …
The bottom line:
Recognizing the process of being happy and sustaining the beneficial effect is what it is all about.
Understanding happiness and the effects thereof will empower you to easily include things in your day-to-day living to share happiness.
Happy parents most often have happy children.
Kids raised in a happy environment:
- feels safe and protected
- are confident in themselves and
- find it easy to explore life and
- discover happiness within themselves
- to build a happy future.
Discover more interesting facts about children and happiness
And, due to my genetic research background:
I simply can’t resist mentioning, genetics also play a big role in happiness…
The bottom line:
be sure to not only choose a clever father for your kids, but also a happy one!
If, like me, you are interested in:
- the actual neurochemicals in the brain involved in happiness and
- sure-fire ways to ensure lifelong happiness
remember to subscribe to be notified of this and more great parenting tips, hacks and freebies.
Top Happiness Tip
As a bonus, you can now grab a copy of the JumboList with 101 Family Happiness and Kindness Hacks
It will inspire you:
to do more awesome fun family activities together
Raise an Intelligent Child
Stimulate Brain Development
Yes, it is very important to raise an intelligent child.
delve a bit deeper into this general parenting tip and realize:
It is even more important to stimulate your child’s brain development
Great examples include:
- discovering your child’s learning styles
- using the free kids learning guide
- and investing in the best Learning toys at different developmental stages
This will directly result in:
- raising an intelligent child
- setting him up for success
Isn’t that we all want for our kids?
Of course it is!
Top Brain Development Tip
Want to know another little brilliant child secret:
Check out these 8 easy activities
The joint effect of these activities will
- armor kids with essential life skills
- stimulate their brain development,
- intellect and
- mental well-being
Pretty awesome, right?
Just a quick word on Educational Toys
You can read a review on learning toys at different developmental stages here.
- will kids be safe playing with the toy, no dangerous or sharp parts
- is it age appropriate
- does playing with the toy stimulate their brain development
- will the toy help to develop
- Never buy a toy as a gift if you won’t let your own child play with it!
Have Fun with your Kids
Armor Kids with Skills to Succeed
Having fun with your kids is an absolute must!
But let’s try to transform this into a power parenting strategy:
Instead of just buying them a new toy, buy a new toy and have them share one of their old ones with another child at the same time.
Therefore, with one action, teach them the values of
- sharing and
And, the secret bonus:
it is also a brilliant decluttering hack!
enjoy nature together
And, at the same time teach them the skill of
- caring for nature
Trash laying around the playpark?
Clean it up with the kids before playing.
It’s all about Learning whilst having fun!
Top Life Skills Tip
Take the time to discover your child’s learning style and
- improve their learning skills and memory
- a life skill that will serve them forever
The best part:
- you can check out the great examples of learning style activities and
- grab a free Learning styles guide with worksheet and printable now!
Be a Super Parent
Be a Power Parent
The reality is:
we need not be superhero parents.
Knowing and accepting that we needn’t be super parents will allow us to be awesome parents.
Able to keep up the pace and not fear burn-out.
Being a power parent allows us to:
- master essential refueling strategies
- to cope with daily life without trying to be a super parent
Discover my secrets to being an awesome parent:
We can easily armor our kids with tools to succeed in life, by following power parenting strategies.
Need some inspiration:
The best way to discover more workable actions:
- is by simply being a parent
- learning from our daily struggles and mistakes and
- getting to know how to deal with it
Another important power parenting tool is:
- effective parent-child communication
You can immediately start to converse more easily with your kids today.
- understand the differences in communication styles
- implement these 6 valuable building blocks
Top Power Parenting Tip
Provide kids with the opportunity to actively partake in being raised smartly.
How do you accomplish that:
- allow them to make their own choices and
- their own mistakes and
- empower them to take responsibility for those decisions
By doing this you will raise strong, smart kids with a bright future.
Smart Kids Conclusion
Bringing it all together:
Turn general parenting tips into actionable advice and raise Unbelievably Smart Kids!
Start to Think:
- Boost Meals with SuperFoods
- NOT JUST Plan Meals with Healthy Food
- Understand the Neuroscience of Happiness
- NOT JUST Let your Kids be Happy
- Stimulate Brain Development
- NOT JUST Raise an Intelligent Child
- Armor kids with Skills to Succeed
- NOT JUST Have fun with your Kids
- Be a Power Parent
- NOT JUST Be a Super Parent
So what will the end result be of thinking deeper and changing day to day parenting tips into actionable advice:
Your child’s development potential will skyrocket … The secret to raising smart kids discovered!
Let’s chat some more:
Leave a comment and share your best power parent strategies?
How do you take general parenting tips further and discover ways to be a better parent?
Top Parenting Posts
- Learning toys for kids at different developmental stages
- A Daughter must learn from her Father these top 10 Values
- Brilliant Child. The 8 part secret for parents.
- 6 Building Block to Stress-free Parent-Child Communication
- Super-mom versus Awesome-Mom
Top FREE Printables
- Kids Learning Guide
- Bee Coloring Pages. Cute Free Printable Bee Art.
- Top Learning Styles. Discover the steps to successfully educate your child every day.
- The Unsurpassed Superfoods Power Series
- How to transform Easter into a Happy Easter Family Tradition
Top Family Recipes
- Avocado Chicken Salad. Healthy and Easy Clean Eating.
- Mini Chocolate Cake with Red Berries, Pistachio nuts and a Chocolate Drizzle
- Popcorn Recipe. From movie night treat to summer snack.
Please Share and Comment!
Remember to save this post in your parenting board on Pinterest
Follow the best kids & parenting board to stay up to date with the latest parenting tips and trends