How to be Happy and Kind 101. How can we be happy as a family? That’s an answer we are all seeking! Well, it is actually very easy! Firstly we should remember, being happy as a family is in our own hands. Without even realizing it we make the decision to either be negative about everything in life or to find a happy moment in every single experience. And the latter is what we need to strive towards. When we choose to be a half-full-glass person, happiness instantly becomes more real. To help you be a fun mom and at the same time, encourage kindness in your kids, here are 101 activities to be happy and kind as a family.
How to be happy tip
Sometimes it is a little bit more difficult to identify a positive side to the things happening to us. But, when we consciously choose to try and be more assertive and happy in life, it gets easier and easier.
So make that mindset-change today and start being a fun mom raising happy kids, by doing some of the great activities below. It’s your responsibility to encourage your kids to be happy and kind. And there is no better way than leading by example.
- How to live a healthy life made super simple
- Inspirational journaling for moms
- Healthy Lifestyle Tips backed by science
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
What we can do to be happy
It’s all about making that conscious effort to find happiness and kindness in every day. Some days these moments are bigger than others. But the most important thing is, the necessity to seek for them and when we can not find a happy moment, to create one!
And, doing just one small act of kindness every day
- will not only make us happy
- but also those around us.
So teach your kids from a young age, how to be happy and encourage kindness and they will have a bright future. Understanding and appreciating the huge value of small kindness and happiness-creating gestures.
Want to know a happy secret?
By following your example of being happy and kind your kids will find it even easier to develop those same skills.
And when you need a couple of awesome parent tips:
Join the Awesome Parent Challenge
Because it is awesome! And, it will take your parenting skills to the next level with powerful tips and hacks.
Time to check out the
101 hacks to be happy and kind
You can save your own copy of the 101 fun hacks printables. Just click the link below to download the pdf
- Jumbolist with Family Happiness and Kindness Activities
And, let me know your favorite one in the comments below!
50+ Fun How to be Happy Hacks
- Have a race to the nearest tree
- See who can fit more mini marshmallows in his or her mouth
- it’s so much fun!
- Tell knock-knock jokes
- Play in the rain
- Go on an adventure
- Plant a veggie garden
- and do some STEM learning in the process!
- Do yoga together
- on your favorite yoga mat
- Go fruit picking
- See who can smile the biggest
- Enjoy a family movie marathon weekend and
- make yummy popcorn mix
- Bake giant chocolate cookies or mini chocolate cakes and
- get more great recipes from the Masterchef Junior Cookbook
- Build sandcastles
- See who can jump
- Create a gratitude list
- Play outside with your pet
- Build a tower with
- Sing songs together
- Make clay animals and
- Make silly faces
- Do an act of kindness for someone
- Sleep outside in a tent
- Invent something
- Organize a dress-up party
- Blow giant bubbles
- Go for a walk in the forest
- Create a family goal board
- Stay in bed until lunchtime
- Paint each others’ faces
- Write a storybook together
- Tell each member of the family you love them
- Shake your sillies out
- Go on a road trip
- Have a tea party
- Make huge hamburgers
- Learn something new
- Fly a kite together
- Visit a fire station
- Enjoy a bubble bath
- Adopt a puppy
- Play board games
- Gaze at the stars
- YOU will be the COOLEST parent ever with this telescope and binoculars!
- Play ball
- Climb a tree
- Have a treasure hunt
- Go to the beach
- Save money for a special holiday
- like visiting a theme park
- Have a water gun war
- Have a pajama party
- Plan a picnic
- you can’t go wrong with this great picnic backpack
- Find and smell fresh flowers together
- Enjoy the magic of coloring
Bonus Happiness Hack
When I want to spend a bit of extra time with the kids and do something we all enjoy:
Awesome Fun! Be brave, and give it a try.
50 Fun How-to-be-Kind Hacks
- Leave a secret note for someone
- Pick up trash in nature
- Smile and wave
- to the bus driver
- Tell a joke to
- someone you don’t know
- Give the postman
- a bar of chocolate or
- a note
- Wash the neighbor’s car
- for free
- Water the plants
- when a friend goes on holiday
- Go fruit picking and
- gift it to someone else
- Offer to carry shopping bags
- for the elderly
- Bake your favorite biscuits and share it with friends
- Surprise the bus driver
- with a thank you note
- Cut a friend’s lawn
- Clean your room
- without being asked
- Share your toys
- with other kids
- Offer to walk someone else’s pet
- Secretly fold and pack away
- all the laundry
- Give a flower from your garden
- to the cashier at the shop
- Write a song
- and dedicate it to a sibling
- Babysit for free
- Plant a tree
- Do one of your sibling’s chores
- Now there is a good one!
- Give lots of hugs
- Smile ALL day
- Give a sincere compliment
- Wash grandma’s hair …
- And, paint her nails
- Be kind to yourself
- Draw pictures illustrating your
- interpretation of kindness
- Write a storybook
- about family kindness
- Tell each member of the family
- you love them 10 times in one day
- and leave them a surprise note
- Paint a rock and
- leave it on a doorstep
- Host a tea party for friends
- Gift a free movie ticket
- to a friend
- Have kids send a text message
- to family members
- Blow up balloons and
- take it to a sick friend
- Pour your partner a bath
- filled with bubbles
- Surprise the kids with a movie night and
- Offer to help wash the house windows in spring
- Donate old clothes and toys
- Make a family video and
- send it to family living abroad
- Visit sick kids in the hospital with
- Play ball with
- the new kid on the block
- Print coloring pages and
- share it with friends
- Organize a surprise treasure hunt for the whole family
- Add notes to lunchboxes
- Surprise grandparents with
- an unplanned visit
- Take a warm meal to
- new neighbors
- Arrange a picnic and
- invite every child you know
- Do homemade teacher gifts
- Make a friendship bracelet for your best friend
- check out this awesome kit!
Final how to be happy thoughts
Did you find a happy and kindness hacks you love?
Choose your favorites and start enjoying them with your family today. Remember it’s about making the small things in life count. It’s as easy as
- enjoying happy moments
- sharing kind ones
- and creating new ones
that is how to be Happy 101 at it’s best!
Leave a comment
and share your best family hacks
Top Parenting Posts
- Be an Awesome Parent. 7 Super Simple Strategies.
- A Daughter must learn from her Father these top 10 Values.
- Parenting Challenges. The top daily parent concerns and how to deal with it.
- Power Parent Strategy – Discover the how-to Secret today!
- 6 Building blocks to stress-free parent-child communication
Top Kids Learning Posts
- Unbelievably Smart Kids. This the How to Secret.
- Top Learning Styles for Kids. Discover the steps to successfully educate your child every day.
- How to be a good dad
- Amazing learning style activities to do with your kids right now
Healthy Lifestyle Posts
- Top Healthy Lifestyle Tips, Top 25 backed by science
- Healthy Lifestyle – 7 Day Detox Plan
- How to live a healthy life made super simple
- Mini Chocolate Cake with Red Berries, Pistachios and a Chocolate Drizzle
- Popcorn Recipe. From Movie night treat to Summer Snack.
- Avocado Chicken Salad. Healthy and Easy Clean Eating.
Please Share and Comment!
remember to grab your free copy of the 101 Family happiness and kindness activities