Values a Daughter must learn from her Father
to ensure a lasting Father Daughter Relationship
There is just some special link between fathers and daughters
Have you also experienced:
that special look or smile or joke only the two of them share
It’s magic when it’s there!
And, if you were wondering what fathers can do to achieve that unique bond, you are in the right place today.
are built upon trust, respect, and love
And do you want to know the easiest way a father can earn these?
Yes, you guessed it:
by teaching their daughter life skills like the ones we will discuss today.
Although these values can
be learned from moms and dads or any other caregiver …
In my experience:
there is added benefit when a girl learns these from her father
It’s all about that special father daughter relationship.
Read on and let me know:
- do you agree with this list of values a daughter must learn from her father
- and the skills you would add to the list
- Be an Awesome Parent. 7 Super Simple Strategies
- Power Parent Strategy – Discover the how-to Secret today!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
Values a Daughter must learn from her Father
1. Respect for a woman
This is a truly important value every girl needs to discover
And it is learned so much easier when there is a good father daughter relationship.
The respectful way a dad treats his wife and daughter reflects:
his admiration and love.
And, by seeing their father’s ways day-to-day, daughters discover the true worth of this value.
And, when girls grow older:
they are empowered with the ability to make the best relationship choices.
make use of that solid father daughter relationship you have created and
teach your daughter the way they need to be respected by a man
I am sure you can guess the flip side of this:
many daughters unfortunately also learn from their dad’s example
the way a woman should not be treated …
Please don’t put your daughter in that miserable situation.
2. Be a strong and decisive
Women are allowed to voice their own opinions and stand by what they believe.
Having a difference of opinion does not mean a viewpoint is wrong:
whether you are male or female.
Want to know the official opinion rule in our house:
You are allowed to share an opinion, as long as it is backed by
- experience or
- a gut feeling
In other words:
all opinions are welcome and considered!
Trust your instincts
Yes it is true:
every girl needs to learn to trust her gut feeling or so-called sixth sense
This is a skill that comes in very handy the day she becomes a mother.
Research has proven :
- to help moms connect with their babies
- strengthening a mom’s ability to intuitively know what their baby needs
In other words:
trust your gut feeling!
Interested to learn more about the power of your intuition:
have a look at how to unlock that power here
Join the best Awesome Parent Challenge
Wondering why you should join all the other awesome parents in this challenge:
Mostly because the Awesome Parent Challenge
- simplifies parenting skills with easy but powerful tips and hacks
- is a free 7-day email course
- delivered directly to your inbox
- including amazing printable freebies
- is simply too good to miss out on! Check it out now!
3. Stand up for yourself
Fathers should teach their daughters a couple of solid self-defense moves:
since it might just save her from an unwanted situation one day …
But important as the physical defense strategies are:
the emotional ones might even be more significant
Two of the best ways to teach your daughter to stand up for herself:
- give her a lot of compliments and
- teach her to handle critique
These are vital social skills she needs to learn from early on.
Tease her, pull her ponytail and tell her how cute she looks in a new outfit.
These interactions will help her handle similar situations later on in life.
Dealing with comments and compliments will be part of her everyday life growing up.
Being used to good comments
and therefore able to distinguish them from inappropriate ones:
will ease her school life tremendously
Teaching your daughter to stand up for herself is part of being a power parent and essential when building a father daughter relationship.
So start dishing out compliments today!
4. Know the qualities of a good husband
Girls want husbands who are like their fathers.
Yes it’s true!
Few young women will actually admit to his …
But more often than not, girls want a father:
- who loves her mom and
- always behaves like a good father and
- a loving husband
And, knows how to apologize when he fails at this …
Girls are able to choose better husbands:
by recognizing the good qualities to look for
the bad qualities to avoid …
Need a bit of extra parenting awesomeness:
5. How to be an entrepreneur
Business skills and career aspirations are often born:
- from a girl’s adoration for her father’s success and
- the basis of a healthy father daughter relationship
Want to know how your girl sees you:
mostly as a corporate giant … social idol … or DIY hero …
Girls are inspired:
by their dad’s skills and accomplishments and
dreams of replicating it in their own lives.
Yes it’s true …
whether their fathers are business managers, bus drivers or firefighters.
What is important:
- that they love their jobs and
- they love going to work every day
- they come home happy
- and they want to share some of their work passion and skills with their kids
A cool fact to keep in mind:
Learning how to be an entrepreneur, is not only about being successful in business.
But, also to succeed as a life entrepreneur
In other words:
being triumphant in everything you do!
As a father, you have the power to teach your daughter just that …
6. Believe in yourself
Teaching a daughter self-confidence:
starts with her parents
When she does not trust her parents to believe in her, she will find it very difficult to believe in herself.
Want to know one of the biggest struggles of teenage girls?
the acceptance of their own looks and being
How to limit this problem
As a parent and especially a father, you have to:
take an active role in promoting self-confidence in your daughter from a young age
You might be wondering how exactly?
- encourage your child’s efforts
- compliment their talents and
- trust in their abilities
By doing this you will:
- help your kids to believe in themselves and
- grow up to be confident and successful young adults.
You can read more about this strategy here
7. How to work with money
Learning how to budget and work with money is a trait a father needs to teach kids from a young age.
Although moms also play a big role here:
daughters tend to take money matters more serious when dads invest time in teaching them.
Help your kids become financially intelligent with great tips like these:
8. Learn a special skill
These are the kind of things that build a lasting father daughter relationship.
It is not important whether this special skill is:
- how to ride a bike
- learn to ski or
- skate or
- any other unusual ability.
The important part is:
your daughter having amazing memories she can cherish
and relive the day her husband teaches their daughter that same skill
So be sure to take the time dads, and leave a legacy.
Your daughter will love you even more!
There are certain things like this a daughter simply MUST learn from her father …
you can grab the 101 Family Happiness and Kindness Hacks Jumbo list.
You will find some great inspiration for sharing family fun and laughter.
9. Respect what you own
Kids need to learn to respect and take care of things.
Whether it is a toy, pet or any other belonging.
And, the best way to learn this important value:
by following a parent’s example
Want to know another secret:
Girls don’t love their fathers more because they drive the biggest and most expensive cars.
They love them:
because they have trust in their steadfast relationship.
Have to admit though:
They do sometimes like them just that little bit more when whatever they drive is super shiny and cared for …
A daughter needs to be proud of her father
But also, proud of her father’s
- and beliefs
When you value things your kids will inevitably do so as well.
Teaching your kids to care for and appreciate what they have is one of the most important values a daughter must learn from her father.
Don’t you agree?
10. Distinguish left from right
Let’s face it:
few women can get that right!
So, dads, make the effort and teach your girls to identify left from right.
It will make their lives just that little bit easier!
So there you have it:
The top 10 values a dad must teach his girl to secure a lasting father daughter relationship.
And when the relationship is secured:
Leave a comment
Are there more values you think a daughter must learn from her father?
Share your thoughts and experiences on a good father daughter relationship
And let us know the top ways of being a super cool parent:
as described by your kids!
Need some help rocking your new blog?
Then you have to check out these great resources:
- awesome freebies and courses from 17 brilliant bloggers
- free cheatsheet to streamline your affiliate marketing strategy
- 11 powerful blogging books to start your blog and Make some Money
More Top Posts
- Bee Coloring Pages. Cute Free Printable Bee Art.
- Be a Power Parent. This is how you can do it – discover the secret today!
- Parenting Challenges. The top daily parent concerns and how to deal with it
- Top Learning Styles. Discover the steps to successfully educate your child every day.
- Super-mom versus Awesome-Mom
- 6 Building Block to Stress-free Parent-Child Communication
- Healthy Lifestyle Tips, Top 25 backed by science
- A Healthy Lifestyle – 7 Day Detox Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Resources
Top Family Recipes
- Avocado Chicken Salad. Healthy and Easy Clean Eating.
- Popcorn Recipe. From movie night treat to summer snack.
- Mini Chocolate Cake with Red Berries, Pistachio nuts and a Chocolate Drizzle