Yes, we all want a brilliant child! Guiding our children to brilliance gives us that sense of parent accomplishment. It’s us giving them the best possible head start for a fulfilled life.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
- Unbelievably Smart Kids. This the How to Secret.
- Top Learning Styles for Kids. Discover the steps to successfully educate your child every day.
What does it mean to be a brilliant child?
Is that not exactly what we want for our kids?
Being brilliant presents itself in different ways for each child, but irrespective, they all have the potential. The level of brilliance and its scope will vary.
Most important is not the level, but the identification of the exact vocation of the brilliant capability.
Kids need to be exposed to various opportunities in order to discover a talent that they can pursue in life. Some kids are brilliant musically, others in creative art. Some show excellent mathematical or intellectual minds, while others shine on sports grounds.
Identifying and building on that specific skill is what matters most. It needs to be developed fully with the appropriate support and stimulation for your brilliant child to thrive.
8 Brilliant Child Actions
Today, I share 8 activities that in combination reveal the secret to help you raise a brilliant child. Expose them repeatedly, and watch them grow and come to be bright and vivacious children.
The joint effect of these activities will armor them with essential life skills, stimulate their brain development, imagination, intellect and mental well-being.
This collective list provides a sensible strategy to stimulate multifaceted brain development. Use it as the starting point to succeed as an awesome parent raising a brilliant child.
1. Do arts and crafts
Creativity, as well as fine motor skills, are enhanced by doing different creative projects.
The benefits are boosted when joining your child and guiding the paint techniques, color mixing, sculpting and scissor use.
Creativity, however, needs a free spirit which should not be dampened.
Allow your child the autonomy to express their own thoughts and feelings.
Never do crafts with a first prize result in mind and refrain from subduing their creative minds by enforcing reality. With color use, for example: if their minds at that time need to create a picture of you with purple hair, or one of themselves with a green hand – so be it.
Allow them to express themselves, enjoy and discover the power of their own imagination.
Activities in this category include
- Coloring, Grab your Free Coloring pages now and try these great coloring pencil set
- Paper crafts, make gift cards together
- Clay mixing, modeling, rolling and sculpting
- Painting with hands, stamps, rollers or brushes
- Easy sewing projects using a mini sewing machine and these great sewing school ideas for kids book
- Cutting and pasting exercises
2. Share a book
Reading nurtures their imagination and allows them to revel in a world that unfolds with each new book.
You can read more about these benefits here and achieve them by the examples below.
- Read a book together, not only at bedtime but also during the day and especially on weekends and help grow your brilliant child.
- Give them an opportunity to tell a story, and try using story cards or games to stimulate their imagination.
- Page through a book without reading it and let them tell you the story based on the pictures they see. This is a great way to spark their imagination and get a glimpse into their beautiful minds.
3. Hear the music brilliant child
Music unites body and mind. It stimulates intellectual and emotional growth and enhances memory skills.
Music is a means of therapy to heal the mind and soul.
Mastering a musical instrument resulted in fast-tracked brain growth in areas of language, speech, reading and sound processing. Gift your brilliant children these benefits by exposing them to music. Find below examples of how to achieve this.
- Enjoy music together, having a funky portable CD player makes this activity even more fun!
- Expose your brilliant child to instrument lessons, like a beginner guitar, digital piano or keyboard, starter violin or fun fiddle violin. These are all great instruments to introduce the young one to the magic world of music.
- Use music therapy techniques
- Listen together to all genres of music
- Teach them rhythm and let them dance
- Experience music at home through children games activities
As a Special Bonus, you can grab a copy of the 101 Family Happiness and Kindness Hacks now!
4. Get up and move
Of course, these benefits extend to both you and your child, so be sure to join in the fun.
Let us look at great examples and ways exercise improves our lives.
- Stretch the muscles by imitating animals. Be as tall as a giraffe, small as a mouse. Mimic a hippo or a crocodile or roar like a lion. These are actions kids adore! For more animal parade ideas, follow this link.
- Ride a bicycle, skateboard or adjustable roller skates.
- Love sport and be part of a team.
- Shake your sillies out – just get up and move. Few things will lighten the mood as much as this fun activity. Look at these fun dance activities for more inspiration.
5. Relax and breath
End the rush of day-to-day living for a moment and do something relaxing. This time-out period will benefit the entire family. Great options for this activity are:
- Do yoga with your brilliant child of any age. For easy poses on a cute kids yoga mat, look at this great yoga infographic and click for more yoga fun for kids and for great yoga and meditation ideas that really work.
- Teach them breathing techniques to assist in de-stressing and coping better in demanding situations. These techniques are very useful at bedtime to get those little minds to shut down more easily.
- Smell a flower. An interesting article was published on the relaxation abilities of sensory stimulants such as rose oil.
6. Get lots of fresh air
Get them to embrace the beauty of nature, appreciate the wonders of fauna and flora and clean their lungs. Outside activities can include:
- Play in the garden or on monkey bars
- Plant and care for flowers
- Visit a play park
- Ride bicycle outside
- Play ball, run, kick and jump
- Take pictures outside with an awesome kidizoom camera
- Do homework or a craft project outside
- Go for a walk in the park or forest and do an activity
- Gather stones, leaves, and flowers and do a decoupage activity
7. Play freely
Playing stimulates creativity, imagination, and healthy brain development. Allow children the opportunity to play alone. It teaches them independence and highlights the value of quiet time.
Resist the urge to coach them on how to do the job and allow them to learn from their own mistakes. Let them alone or with a sibling enjoy an activity they love. A few examples include:
- Enjoy drawing and coloring
- Any favorite brilliant child playtime activity
- Build a puzzle
- Read a book
- Play with building blocks
- Play dolls dress up or have fun with cars
8. Share the love with your brilliant child
With this simple action, you will create a moment to feel loved, cherished and special.
Strong family bonds are built by sharing family traditions such as these.
They will quickly learn that they can curl up on your lap for a couple of minutes whenever they need to be comforted or feel safe.
This will create the situation for them knowing that they can easily reach out and share their feelings with you.
Interested to know the top 10 values a daughter must learn from her father? Read more now.
Yes, we all want a brilliant child and have an obligation to give our best to achieve it.
Implement the above strategy as the first step on your path of stimulating brilliance. Love your kids unreservedly, allow them to blossom and be proud of who they are.
You can save and print the easy to refer to Brilliant Child Infographic with this strategy and for more great tips on parenting also read:
- Top Learning Styles. Discover the steps to successfully educate your child every day.
- Be a Power Parent. This is how you can do it – discover the secret today!
- 6 stress-free building blocks to effective parent-child communication.
- The Unsurpassed SuperFood Power Series with free Infographic and Fun Fact Sheet for Brilliant Kids
- How to be an awesome mom with your feet on the ground and no risk of burn out in Awesome-mom versus Super-mom.
- 7 Super Simple Strategies to be an Awesome Parent
Would you like to have access to the Free Resource Library filled with Infographics, Fun Fact Sheet, Coloring Pages, Recipes and more?
Grab your Free Resource Library Access Now and Be a Power Parent raising Brilliant Kids!
Start the journey to raising brilliant kids by
Downloading FREE Coloring pages
Grabbing an awesome Magic Coloring Book
Discovering ways to educate your kids with Learning Styles
Being a Power Parent