Discover the Best Kids Learning Toys Appropriate for their Age
However this year, we have decided to challenge the traditional Christmas gifting a little bit. This year we are buying learning toys!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
Yes, toys that are truly educational and will assist in learning, appropriate to our kids’ ages.
- Top Learning Styles for Kids. Discover the steps to successfully educate your child every day.
- How to raise a Brilliant Child with 8 Powerful Actions
Free Printable Just Because You Are Awesome!
Download your Christmas Menu Planner, it is an awesome tool for stress-free holiday menu planning. Just click the link below, print and enjoy!
Christmas Menu Planner_HealthyFamilyandMe.com
For more free printables, access the Resource Library.
A Search for the Best Educational Toys
When starting my learning toy search, I was astonished by a large number of toys available making unjustified educational claims. And, upon further investigation, these ‘educational benefits’ were proven to be nothing more than unsubstantiated marketing ploys.
But how do you choose true learning toys then?
That is exactly what this educational gift review is all about! In order to help you find the perfect learning toys for your kids, I have compiled a guide of the best educational toys for this year as appropriate per developmental stage.
Each learning toy listed were carefully considered and only chosen when the criteria below were met. In addition, I have listed the major milestone per age to help you choose the best age-appropriate toy.
Therefore, you can be at ease knowing that these gifts are truly educational and will stimulate your child’s learning.
Learning Toys Criteria
The toys listed all had to meet some of these developmental criteria to be labeled as truly educational. You can also use this list to make sure the toy you consider matches one or more of these requirements.
- improve hand-eye coordination
- stimulate verbal learning, including letters and words
- develop auditory learning, including music
- multifunctional toys, stimulating multiple senses
- improve fine motor skills
- stimulate memory and focus
- improve gross motor skills
- spark creativity and imagination
- stimulate physical development
- safe for age – applicable to ALL toys.
Grab your Free Resource Library Access Now and Be a Power Parent raising Brilliant Kids!
Top Tips for Buying Safe Learning Toys
- Read more about safe toy guidelines here
- To make sure you do not unknowingly buy a dangerous toy, search the US Consumer Product Safety Commision Recall List prior to purchase
- Avoid toys that are too loud as they can cause hearing damage, volume control is beneficial
- Choose toys that can grow with your child, those with the possibility of changing to be more complex
- Match the toy and your child’s stage of development
- Invest in toys that are non-toxic and easy to clean
- For kids under 3 years, make sure the toy has no small parts
- Check out the great infographic at the end of the post to help you determine the developmental stage of your child.
Are you up for the challenge? Put some thought into your Christmas gifts this year and educate your kids whilst safely having fun!
Infants 0 to 6 months
Infants 3 to 6 months
- Busy learners activity cube
- Baby Einstein music explorer
- Stack up cups
- Bright Starts Tummy Time Prop & Play
Infants 6 to 12 months
- Infantino Grow-with-Me Playtime Teepee Gym
- Sort and discover activity cube
- Wooden activity cube
- Edushape sensory see mee ball
Toddlers 1 to 2 years
- Sit to stand learning walker
- Musical rhymes book
- 80 piece mega blocks
Toddlers 2 to 3 years
Language skills are one of the most important milestones at this age. So be sure to choose toys stimulating verbal and auditory language development and also sensory fine motor skills. Good examples include:
- Award-winning the early reading program
- Touch and teach workbook
- Race Car Radio Control Toy for Toddlers
Preschoolers 3 to 6 years
Pre-schoolers love to solve problems, ask why and discover new things. Stimulate their brain development with construction sets and electronic pads.
- Magnetic STEM building block set
- VTech little apps tablet
- LEGO Duplo town truck and tracked excavator
- STEM Learning 101 Piece educational construction engineering building blocks
- Boxiki kids learning pad
- IQ challenge set
- Educational insights design and drill activity set
Kids 6 to 8 years
- Think fun gravity maze
- Mind-blowing science kit
- Osmo genius kit
- LEGO robot building set
- Educational insights Kanoodle
- kidizoom smart watch
I hope you enjoyed the learning toys reviewed in line with the developmental stages of a child.
Leave a comment and let me know what you will be buying for Christmas this year. Do you also prefer the gift of learning?
Here is a great infographic to help you know the developmental stages of your child
Tired of receiving all these toys that land up in the bin just after Christmas?
Copy and Send this link to grandma and grandpa now and ensure your kids receive toys that will actually stimulate their brain development.
Even though I have taken great care in choosing all the best and safest toys on this list, based on my own experience, I can not guarantee your satisfaction. These are simply my personal recommendations. All further safety and educational value have to be investigated by yourself prior to purchasing toys of any kind.
Top Healthy Lifestyle Posts
- Healthy Lifestyle Tips, Top 25 backed by science
- Healthy Lifestyle – 7 Day Detox Plan
- Avocado Chicken Salad. Healthy and Easy Clean Eating.
Top Parenting Posts
- How to be Happy and Kind 101 Fun Family Hacks
- Be an Awesome Parent. 7 Super Simple Strategies.
- Father Daughter Relationship, values a daughter must learn from her father
Please Share and Comment!