Discover the Best Kids Learning Toys Appropriate for their Age
Buying toys for Christmas and birthdays is a tradition that a lot of us follow every year. And surely there is nothing wrong with the spirit of giving.
However, this year we have decided:
to challenge the traditional gifting a little bit.
How? I am sure you are wondering:
We have decided to only invest in learning toys this year!
We will only buy toys that are truly educational and will assist in learning, appropriate to our kids’ ages
Save this post for later in your kids learning board on Pinterest
- Top Learning Styles for Kids
- 2 Amazing learning style activities to do with your kids right now
- Learning Styles Guide
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may be compensated when you make a purchase after clicking a link, with no added cost to you.
Free Printable Just Because I am happy you are here today!
Here is the deal:
Did you know you can easily improve your child’s overall learning capacity, skills, and memory?
Yes, you can! And this is how!
Read and implement:
And grab your free
- learning styles guide with activities and worksheets
And, it gets even better:
- You can grab a load of parenting and kids learning freebies right here
Now, let’s jump into the educational toys review:
A Search for the Best Educational Toys
When starting my learning toy search, I was astonished by a large number of toys available making unjustified educational claims.
And, upon further investigation, you won’t believe:
- these ‘educational benefits were proven to be nothing more than unsubstantiated marketing ploys… Can you imagine!
You might be wondering:
How do you choose true learning toys then?
That is exactly what this educational gift review is all about!
In order to help you find the perfect learning toys for your kids, I have compiled a guide of the best educational toys for this year as appropriate per developmental stage.
Each learning toy listed were carefully considered:
and only chosen when the criteria below were met.
And, in addition:
I have listed the major milestone per age to help you choose the best age-appropriate toy.
Therefore, you can be at ease knowing that these gifts are truly educational and will stimulate your child’s learning.
But what criteria am I talking about:
Learning Toys Criteria
The developmental criteria below had to be met in order for a toy to be labeled as truly educational.
And what’s more:
You can also use this list to make sure the toys you consider matches one or more of these requirements.
List of learning toy criteria:
- improve hand-eye coordination
- stimulate verbal learning, including letters and words
- develop auditory learning, including music
- multifunctional toys, stimulating multiple senses
- improve fine motor skills
- stimulate memory and focus
- improve gross motor skills
- spark creativity and imagination
- stimulate physical development
- safe for age – applicable to ALL toys
Join the Awesome Parent Challenge
Why you might ask:
Because it is a brilliant and free,
- 7 day email course to boost your parenting skills with
- easy yet powerful parenting tips and hacks.
You will receive amazing printable freebies.
You don’t want to miss out on this!
Top Tips for Buying Safe Learning Toys
- Read more about safe toy guidelines here
- To make sure you do not unknowingly buy a dangerous toy, search the US Consumer Product Safety Commission Recall List prior to purchase
- Avoid toys that are too loud as they can cause hearing damage, volume control is beneficial
- Choose toys that can grow with your child, those with the possibility of changing to be more complex
- Match the toy and your child’s stage of development
- Invest in toys that are non-toxic and easy to clean
- For kids under 3 years, make sure the toy has no small parts
- Check out the great infographic at the end of the post to help you determine the developmental stage of your child
Time to check out those cool educational toys
Are you also up for the challenge this year? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Infants 0 to 6 months
Babies like to:
look at, reach for, suck and listen to things. Good options are soft books, rattles, and soft music toys
Infants 3 to 6 months
At this age:
- Busy learners activity cube
- Baby Einstein music explorer
- Stack up cups
- Bright Starts Tummy Time Prop & Play
Infants 6 to 12 months
Infants start moving and learning to use their large muscles at this age. Stimulate development with these kinds of toys:
- Infantino Grow-with-Me Playtime Teepee Gym
- Sort and discover activity cube
- Wooden activity cube
- Edushape sensory see mee ball
Toddlers 1 to 2 years
Let’s move it, move it!
A toddler needs to move, create and learn words at this age.
- Sit to stand learning walker
- Musical rhymes book
- 80 piece mega blocks
Toddlers 2 to 3 years
Language skills are one of the most important milestones at this age.
Therefore be sure to choose toys stimulating:
- verbal and auditory language development and
- sensory fine motor skills
Good examples include:
- Award-winning the early reading program
- Touch and teach workbook
- Race Car Radio Control Toy for Toddlers
Preschoolers 3 to 6 years
Pre-schoolers love to:
- solve problems
- ask why and
- discover new things
Stimulate their brain development with construction sets and electronic pads like:
- magnetic STEM building block set
- VTech little apps tablet
- LEGO Duplo town truck and tracked excavator
- STEM Learning 101 Piece educational construction engineering building blocks
- Boxiki kids learning pad
- IQ challenge set
- educational insights design and drill activity set
Kids 6 to 8 years
Reading and writing skills are important at this age.
But other important abilities include
Keep this in mind when you invest in toys like:
- Think fun gravity maze
- Mind-blowing science kit
- Osmo genius kit
- LEGO robot building set
- Educational insights Kanoodle
- kidizoom smart watch
I hope you enjoyed the learning toys reviewed in line with the developmental stages of a child.
Leave a comment and let me know what you will be buying this year.
Do you also prefer the gift of learning?
And it gets even better:
Here is a great infographic to help you know the developmental stages of your child
Tired of receiving all these toys that land up in the bin just after Christmas?
Copy and Send this link to grandma and grandpa now and ensure your kids receive toys that will actually stimulate their brain development.
Remember to invest your own time in your kids learning abilities.
How do you ask?
Even though I have taken great care in choosing all the best and safest toys on this list, based on my own experience, I obviously can not guarantee your satisfaction.
These are simply my personal recommendations.
All further safety and educational value have to be investigated by yourself prior to purchasing toys of any kind.
Top Healthy Lifestyle Posts
- Healthy Lifestyle Tips, Top 25 backed by science
- Healthy Lifestyle – 7 Day Detox Plan
- Avocado Chicken Salad. Healthy and Easy Clean Eating.
Top Parenting Posts
- How to be Happy and Kind 101 Fun Family Hacks
- Be an Awesome Parent. 7 Super Simple Strategies.
- Father Daughter Relationship, values a daughter must learn from her father
Please Share and Comment!